Friday, June 15, 2007

Suki

I am fond of cartoons. And I am partial towards Indian authors. So when an Indian comes up wtih a comic strip that someone like me can totally relate to, I can just stand back and drool and enjoy the subtle and not so subtle puns.

Here are some of my favourites

On Mumbai's taxiwalas.....

Mumbai's noise pollution

Mumbai's monsoon

Mumbai - Bombs and Real estate
Mumbai - condition of general infrastructure!

Indians and racism
GWBE signing off. Next post from UK!

PS: Do buy Suki by Manjula Padmanabhan! She will keep you entertained for sure. A small warning: Expect a lot of crazy :)

4 comments:

Thejesh GN said...

check another Indian cartoon series
http://www.makingmasti.com/

Janus Francis said...

thats good stuff.I remember my father have a good collection of old mallu stuff with heavy sarcasm.sarcasm was never a flavour that we indians had in comic strips.I dont know if you recall a strip comics by P.K.Mantri.I dont like to use the popular cliche here,But if he was born somewhere else and did his stuff in engllish .............

Anonymous said...

Where in the UK and how long? Have you rejoined your old Utilities team ;-)

- J

Girl With Big Eyes said...

Thanks thejesh gn.

Janus,
Nope, I have never heard of P. K. Mantri.

J,
Am in Sale, Manchester now. But will be moving out of here soon. I am here for some time! And the answer to your second question is no! But there is some news of that front. If you wanna know, you gotta mail me.