Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Power at your fingertips


An amazing thing happened before my eyes yesterday.

My husband suffers from asthma occasionally. Yesterday due to some unknown reason (I suspect the unavoidable by-product of Indian cooking - the strong smell of masalas) my husband started wheezing. He was so uncomfortable that he had to even try breathing through this mouth. Having seen and not recognised an asthma attack once before, I panicked.

Thankfully I remembered some quick fixes that I had read about before and in 10 minutes, my husband was smiling! All he did was practice these mudras (Bronchial mudra and Asthma mudra) for 5 minutes each.

Today, I am amazed at the power of mudras and our little fingertips.

7 comments:

Deepak Panigrahy said...

Thanks Priya. I am in the initial stages of Asthama and I hope I will be able to control it now with some great techniques as you mentioned. Will update you definitely on this in future.

Girl With Big Eyes said...

All the best Deepak. You might want to explore the blog link I have referenced in my post. It has some good resources on Asthma control.

Shameem Akthar said...

Hi priya:) glad to hear the mudra worked -- I learnt it much after I had got my childhood bronchitis controlled through normal yoga breathing so never had a chance to personally test it-- now I will recommend it strongly to others suffering from respiratory problems since your husband's experience is a sure sign it really works.. am giving the link of your blog on this mudra on my blog too... that way, there is more power to the entire technique.
cheers

Girl With Big Eyes said...

Thanks Shameem.

Happy to spread the word.

rinchen said...

This word 'Asthma" reminds me of my dad. He used to initially pronounce it as Ash-tha-ma. Then I told him its said as As-Z-ma. He digilently corrected himself after that. Its been 1 & 1/2 years since he passed away. You brought back fond memories, Piri.

Girl With Big Eyes said...

Rinch,
That reminds me of something :)
My mom pronounces Hernia as Hi-ra-nya. And I did too until someone pointed out it out to me.

Tarun Chandel said...

Hi
Nice post. I have read your other posts as well and I like your blog. I think I have seen you at CG but may be I am wrong.