Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The 'Love' tag

Damn! Another tag. If there's anything I hate - it's doing a tag post. It feels so much like work :(

But this one I couldn't refuse. So here goes.

The rules for the tag are:

RULE #1 People who have been tagged must write their answers on their blogs and replace any question that they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves.

RULE #2 Tag 6 people to do this quiz and those who are tagged cannot refuse. These people must state who they were tagged by and cannot tag the person whom they were tagged by continue this game by sending it to other people.

1. If your lover betrayed you what would your reaction be?

He is dead meat. He will surely not get away with it easy.

But since there’s a reason why I am with the guy in the first place, I’d probably give him a chance to explain things and I’d genuinely try to put things back in place. But I’ll try the forgive-and-live-with-it therapy only once. The next time he cheats on GWBE or inclines to, I’ll first spend all the cash in his bank account on a luxury cruise trip around the world for myself and some friends to get him out of my system and yeah, I’ll give the lawyer a ring to get him off my life pronto.

2. If you have a dream come true, what would it be?

Author a book, get it published and voila! It's a bestseller!

Well, is that one dream or three? :P

3. If you could, whose butt would you like to kick?

All people who have lied to me to get what they want. Some have come clean but some still don’t know that I know that they lied to me. It’s the second category I’d really like to cream.

Also, all the HRs who have blamed the bell curve for my lousy end-of-year raise while they suddenly seem to be able to afford a vacation in Australia and a new luxury car.

4. What would you do with a billion dollars?

I’d invest all of it in risk free low yield bonds and live off the interest! :)

That’s what the Capricon in me would want me to do!


But I guess I’d really start a publishing company and publish my books and my friends’ books! :)

10mn to support education and basic necessities for needy kids in India.

A million dollars to everyone in the first few pages of my good books.

Recruit a fund manager to manage whatever’s left!

A post-nuptial agreement to take care of scenario 1 :)

Write a will. Over here I’ll take care to mention each and everyone in my good books. Including the post man in Trichur who’s about to retire.

5. Will you fall in love with your best friend?

I did. Worked for me.

But nope, not again. I’m set for life.

6. Which is more blessed: loving someone or being loved by someone?

Loving someone and getting it back from the same person.

After a point, it strains when it’s just one way. And it holds true for all flavours of love – among couples, mother and child, siblings, friends – it’s best when it’s reciprocated.

7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you love?

Duh! If he isn’t smart enough to realise my love and ‘asks for time’ to decide, I’ll show him the door! If you’re not on the same page in the beginning, you may never be!

8. If the person you secretly like is attached, what will you do?

Won’t happen with me because I don’t ‘secretly’ like anyone. If I like someone, I ensure that they and everyone around me know about it!

9. If you could root for one social cause, what would it be?

Free and compulsory education for all. That should take care of everything else.

10. Do you lie?

I try not to. Exceptions are when the truth might hurt someone. And yeah, I lie to myself everyday that the weighing machine is broken.

11. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Right here where I am. A little fatter, a little wiser, a little humbler, in a bigger house with a vegetable garden where I grow my favourite veggies and fruits, probably given up corporate life and doing something more satisfying that gives me more time to fill out tags like this. :)

12. What’s your fear?

That there’s Alzheimer’s in my future. Whenever I forget a commonly used word or forget a name, I relive that fear.

I also fear that I’ll die from a snake bite in my vegetable garden. :(

13. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

She’s different from everyone else I know! She’s one of a kind. She’s a little weird in a curious way and I’ll never be able to predict her actions. :)

And I think there’s a totally different person buried deep inside the exterior she’s been showing to everyone in this world.

14. Would you rather be single and rich or married and poor?

Married and poor. I am confident I can make the guy work enough to get us rich in a couple of years. Till then there’s the credit card and the lottery tickets! :)

15. If you fall in love with two people simultaneously who will you pick?

If I ever did, I guess I’d pick the one that gets along with my friends and family better.

16. Would you give all in a relationship?

Of course! If you don’t, you haven’t bought it, you’re still ‘trying it out’. I believe relationships are like finite state machines – you’re either in it 100% or you are not. There’s no in between state.

17. Would you forgive and forget someone no matter how horrible a thing he has done?

I’d forgive. But I’d never forget. Until I get Alzheimer’s that is.

18. Do you prefer being single or in a relationship?

Relationship! I hate coming back to an empty house. I hate cooking for myself. I hate waking up alone. I love sharing the uglies and the lovelies that life brings with it. I’d explode if I don’t!

19. Your all time favourite song. Only ONE. And why?

Unarumee Gaanam- Moonampakkam
It’s a song from a simple yet powerfully emotional movie in Malayalam. Every time I hear/see this song I well up – it reminds me of the carefree childhood days and all the people who’d loved me unconditionally. Realisation that slowly but surely, these people will be taken away from you looms large. Memories can be cruel, can’t they?

20. I TAG these 6 people because…

Ajith, cause he’s having a great time at K, which I miss!


Virdi, cause I am sure he’ll be in a great mood for some days now and I hope that enthu will rub off in the tag!


Meghna, cause I think maybe she needs some food for thought to revive her blog.


Nikhil, cause I know he's busy and that he's gonna say 'Damn! One more!'


Abhi. Tit for tat! But hey, your tag’s next! Coming up soon!


Vids cause I’d like to hear her side of the story!

15 comments:

~==[[[ Abhi ]]]==~ said...

Hey gr8 answers and good tag. I loved the married and poor answer. It's ppl like you who force banks to close by credit card frauds :) I Hope to write good answers to these. I need to think when to post this coz i'm having a post on the way. So you'll have to wait for it. :)

Thanks for the tag.

Nikhil Narayanan said...

Hallons,
Tags to be completed:
Nariyal Chutney, Dhanya(http://itsmyownspace.blogspot.com/),
Cris(4sometime.com),
Seema Rajan(Manasinakkare),
Zahra(coffee something)
and now you.

Will do in one shot now.
Athe,in a state of busy-ness(sic)
Will do ketto. :-)

-Nikhil

Hari said...

Best tag I've seen till date! :)

Which is why I'm stealing it! Now, don't sue me!!

Rinchen said...

Fabulous answers! Loved them. Especially the part about donating bits of cash to your good friends. Heh heh.

Speaking of that publishing company, I'm going to be treating you very nicely from now onwards :D

Full marks for all answers :)

Girl With Big Eyes said...

Abhi,
Come on, no banks have closed because of credit card frauds. And I won't be doing any fraud, but will just live on a huge pile of debt :)
Waiting for your post.

Nik,
Move mine to the top of the list, or else.........

Hari,
I saw this coming :)

Rinch,
Sure dear - you are already in it!
I am also thinking that I'll hire someone to write my book for me :)

Nikhil Narayanan said...

Amen!

Rinchen said...

Hey, wow - I'd love to read it... Cant wait!

King Paul VII said...

Well, way to go! you did waay better than Tom Cruise on the Oprah Show (i dont watch, mum told me). :P oh, and CREC eh? you mean now NITC? Calicut? am NITK Surathkal alumni! :)

Girl With Big Eyes said...

I did? :O :D

I don't know what to make out of it, cause I don't usually watch Oprah, unless it's forced on me.

Welcome here King Paul VII!

Macadamia The Nut said...

LOL!! You 'best friend' must be heaving a sigh of relief now... Oh wait! Or was that resignation
;-)

Girl With Big Eyes said...

That was the idea. Get 'em confused :)

Samrat said...

nice tag :) especially liked 11 and 17.
have informed meghna also about your request.

Girl With Big Eyes said...

:)
Vids has tagged her too. She'd better do it fast, or else.....

And btw you've been tagged by Vids too!

Chinmay said...

Brilliant Post Priya - I must admit that it was quite an entertaining read..!

Keep such posts coming in often - I am positive that ur yet another creative post is just around the corner :)

Girl With Big Eyes said...

Chinmay,
Good to see you here.
I am try to get to that corner too. But there's a big block on the way!
:D