People dread the R word mainly because of the way it affects almost all walks of their life - and not in a good day! So if you are an average Joe suddenly finding yourself in the R whirlpool, these might sound too familiar for comfort.
- You might lose your job, if you haven't already.
- You postpone your annual vacation. You don't want to come back and find the bosses took the liberty to fire you on your first day of the vacation.
- You are forced to cut down on your extravagant shopping.
- You don't have the luxury of buying 'organic' groceries and veggies anymore as the prices are on a steep northward trip. If you haven't started collecting the coupons, NOW is the right time.
- You forget when was the last time you ate out without worrying about the bill that's gonna be presented to you.
- Google phone being launched? Well, the gadget junkie in you will have to wait.
- Suddenly you are very much interested in thrifty ways of getting things done.
- Your Prozac bills suddenly shoot up!
- Planning to buy a house? No loan for you mister. Even if you are a 'super safe' customer risk wise! No one's a safe customer in these days!
- Already own a house? You might need some extra Saridons to keep the mortgage headache under control.
- Where there's a will there's a way. You pull out your children out of the private school. They have your smart genes and will do equally well in public schools.
- Car broke down? Good riddance. The bus is more roomy and I get to snooze and read about the 'R' on the Economic Times.
- Newspaper? Why buy when I can read it for free online or nick it after the guy in the bus snores once he finishes the puzzles page.
- Toilet paper? No way! Water's better.
And for those who are engaged, hold on tight to that ring....and the gal!